Friday, September 12, 2014

Just Breathe

There's a couple of reasons why I love this image. First of all, I'm obsessed with bare trees. I find them to be extremely beautiful. The other reason I love this image is because you don't immediately see that bare trees are used until you look closely. I thought it was a rather clever way to represent lungs by using a mirrored image of the top of a bare tree. The caption simply says "Breathe" in big bold black letters. This has a double meaning with the representation of lungs. We breathe into our lungs, but the oxygen is mostly provided by trees. Overall, this image is very simple, but very innovative as well. This poster was designed to create awareness and prevent the clearing of so many old growth forests for the Rainforest Action Network. I found this poster in Graphis Poster Annual '08/'09, which was edited by B. Martin Pedersen.

No comments:

Post a Comment