Monday, November 3, 2014

Fear the Ruins

Ever since I read the book, I had to see the movie for "The Ruins." It was pretty good. I'm always into the book more, but that's okay. What's incredible about the movie, however, is the front cover. I absolutely love it! This is totally up my alley and exactly what I'd like to create. I don't even mind that it's all symmetrical. The title looks great all rugged and grungy against a dark background. The center figure is up against a glowing red background, which further puts the spotlight on her. The image is very creepy: a human seeming to fade into a ruin with vegetation growing over her. I'd say by the look on her face that today's just not her day. The image works very well with the movie and book's concept, if you've ever seen or read it. The function is obviously meant to captivate interest amongst horror film fans to get them to watch or purchase the movie. This image belongs to DreamWorks Home Entertainment.

No comments:

Post a Comment